The Steel Deck Institute (SDI) was established to provide consistent design, manufacturing, quality and construction practices to the steel decking industry. Established over 75 years ago, SDI, an American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Accredited Standards Developer, has created standards for all relevant applications.
As an SDI Member Company, Cordeck participates in the development and adheres to the manufacturing and quality standards set forth by SDI. Advantages of selecting steel deck that complies with SDI Specifications are:
- Versatility: Cordeck manufactures a wide range of steel deck in various types, profiles, material thickness and finishes, ensuring that what is needed for your job is available when you need it.
- Strength: Steel provides an extremely high strength-to-weight ratio, and is the lowest cost of all available structural metals.
- Appearance: Although steel is intended as a structural component, when properly coated with appropriate “barrier” protection, steel deck can be simple to maintain and resilient. Cordeck offers a wide range of coatings and finishes to prolong the life of the product.
- All Weather Construction: Unlike other floor and roof systems, the installation of steel deck can be completed in nearly all weather conditions. With immediate availability of the most commonly used products and Cordeck’s “Whatever You Need, Whenever You Need It” philosophy, weather is not an issue. We will deliver the product to your job site on your schedule.
- Required Fire Ratings: As an SDI manufacturer, Cordeck decking products meet industry accepted fire resistance requirements and our floor assemblies provide UL fire resistance ratings.
- Uniform Quality: Cordeck products conform to SDI standards, providing the ultimate in quality, uniformity and product value.
- Proven Durability: Cordeck produced steel deck, when properly installed, can be expected to last greater than a half century.
- Economy and Value: Providing the greatest value in roof and floor performance, when considering initial cost, life-cycle cost and performance, steel deck out performs alternatives.
Cordeck is honored to be an SDI Member Company, ensuring that our decking products meet the highest industry standards in terms of quality, durability, and performance. Visit the Cordeck Web site to view a complete range of products and profiles available. The Cordeck sales and service team is awaiting your call at 1-877-857-6400 to answer questions, or send an email to email@example.com for quote requests, any product or shipping needs.
We want to earn, and keep, your full confidence and trust.